- To recognise what babies are trying to communicate to us.
- To be able to respond positively.
Watch the ‘Aroha atu, aroha maiOpens in new window’ Vimeo clip together. If you can stop and discuss along the way, do so. Otherwise, watch the whole clip and discuss at the end.
Having a general conversation should draw out key pieces of information.
A few open questions will get the discussion going:
- What are some things babies need?
- How can their whānau help?
- What are some of the main messages in the ‘Aroha atu, aroha mai’ video?
- What new things did you learn?
- If your friend had a new baby, what would you tell them are the most important things they should do?
- Technology to show Vimeo clip ‘Aroha atu, aroha mai’Opens in new window (An initiative by Counties Manukau District Health Board)