- To recognise what babies are trying to communicate to us.
- To be able to respond positively.
Read SKIP Whakatipu booklet Te Pihinga 1, page 11, and discuss as a group.
- What is this page telling us?
Talk a little about each of the reasons that pēpi might cry. Read the text on things to try, and ask the participants:
- Have you used these ideas?
- What else might you do when pēpi is crying and crying?
- Why do you think pēpi might be soothed by being held and walked around with?
And what about when you’re starting to ‘lose it’ — what do you do?
- Got any good ideas to share?
- SKIP Whakatipu booklet, Te Pihinga 1, page 11.