- To understand how children grow and develop
- To enjoy children’s development and have realistic expectations of them
- To provide children with age-appropriate activities
Invite participants to look at their Well Child/Tamariki Ora My health book.
- What information is in the book?
- What kinds of things get recorded in it?
- What do you like best about what it says?
- How do you use it?
- Who do you show it to?
- What do you write in the ‘Your notes’ section?
- Imagine what it will be like when pēpi grows up — what might they think of the book?
Talk in pairs about baby’s development. Look at the SKIP Whakatipu booklets’ ‘Pēpi says’ information that relates to their baby’s age, and think about what else is happening at this age.
Look at what will happen next in baby’s development. What are whānau looking forward to?
- SKIP Whakatipu booklets