- To understand that parents are a child’s first and most important playmate.
- To know that all children do most of their early learning simply through playing.
On the Tātai kōrero video, watch the ‘waiata’ section together. Encourage a discussion about the clip, using open questions.
- How did you feel when you were watching?
- What do you think of what you saw?
- Was there anything you saw that you connected with?
- What did it remind you of?
- What did you like?
- What do we learn through music and waiata?
- Is there something from the DVD that you’d like to try?
- What opportunities do you have to enjoy music with your pēpi?