Why do it?
- Going out helps children get to know about the world beyond home.
- It helps children find out about different people.
- It helps them feel part of the community.
- Getting there is often the best part.
How to do it
There are many places to visit:
- somewhere on a bus
- somewhere on a train
- the park
- the library
- a pond with ducks
- buildings with escalators
- a friend with pet animals
- the beach.
Using more te reo Māori
|Me haere tāua mā runga tereina||Let's go on the train|
|Me haere tāua mā runga pahi||Let's go on the bus|
|Me hikoi tāua||Let's go for a walk|
|Whare tinei ahi||Fire Station|
|Teihana rerewē||Train Station|
|Te oneone||The beach|
|Me hoki kit e kāinga||Let's go back home|