Follow the link to the SKIP ‘Children’s voices — what matters to kids?’ YouTube clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfg0Zj7yQH4
Watch this YouTube clip together with the whānau. Although the children are older than 19–24 months, the messages are very clear. Ask the whānau:
- What did you like about the clip?
- What are the main messages the children tell us?
- What do you think your child would say in response to the following questions? (Imagine what they would say.)
- How should your mum and dad talk to you?
- How can they help you behave well?
- How can they reward you?
- How can they help you when you’re upset?
- How do you know your mum and dad love you?
- What have you learned from this exercise?
- Can you think of things you can do to help your child?
- Are there other things you would like to know about?
How does this relate to the SKIP resources?
Baby Wall Frieze - Kōrero mai, e aroha ana koe ki ahau - tell me you love
When I hear voices speaking gently I feel safe. My early relationships affect all my future learning, growth and development.
Six things children need -